Thursday, March 6, 2008

Ryleigh's News

So Ryleigh went to her first gymnastics lesson. She was so cute even with her hair not pulled up. She joined a group that had been together for 5 weeks already and I was a little nervous as she started wondering about the gym that she would be a distraction to the other 5 kids. I said something to one of the other mothers watching and she just laughed. She said that even the kids that were "old hands" still got up and wondered around so the kids were pretty used to it. Words like: petite and dainty were used by the moms there to describe Ryleigh. If I had been drinking something at the time of those particular words, liquid would have squirted out of my nose!!! Can you imagine anyone thinking Ryleigh is some sweet, tiny, innocent thing?!?!? Don't worry, their perception will shortly change when they see Ryleigh bossing their kids about. My dainty, petite little girl can lead with the best of them. She's had to learn having two older brothers. OK, so maybe it's in her nature to begin with. I can't imagine where she gets it from!

So we had a traumatic experience at church this week. After the Sacrament was passed, I took her out to change her diaper. As we were leaving the mother's lounge, I looked down just in time to see that she had placed her hand on the hinge side of the door frame and the HEAVY door was just about to crush her little fingers. As fast as I moved, I wasn't able to stop the door from getting her pinky. Fortunately, we have a doctor in the ward who looked at her pinky and told us that the tendons were fine and that the best thing to do was make her comfortable and put ice on it if she'd let us. Needless to say, we went home after Sacrament meeting. It's looking better today, four days later, but it has a long way to go before looking pretty again.

No comments: