Thursday, March 6, 2008

Colbey's News

So Colbey informed us this past week, that he has maintained the first chair in the sax section of the band since Christmas. I had no idea he'd been able to do that. They don't have regularly scheduled seating tests, it's more of a challenge. If one player feels like challenging another, they having a seating test. It can happen as often as anyone likes. I'm thrilled that he is so interested in his instrument!!!

I received an email from his private instructor this past week. She said, "I also wanted to let you know that Colby is doing a great job. He seems very enthusiastic and willing to learn. It's a pleasure to work with him so far." He has selected his solo piece for Solo and Ensemble (which I didn't know they did so young) and has been practicing at home. Scott's reminded him that the deal was no practicing after 7pm, but that seems to be the time that Colbey likes to START practicing. I'm not complaining! As long as it ends by bedtime, I say, go for it! He sounds very good on his piece and is very excited about sharing his growing ability. I get to hear different scales go faster and faster and faster. His vocabulary is increasing and I don't have to simplify my words for him to understand. It's very fun for me to see him being musically fulfilled!

1 comment:

Scott & Annedria said...

Wow SNOW!! I bet they had fun. I can't believe how fast my boys and little girl are growing up. I guess that means we are growing OLD (yikes)!! It hasn't been that long since you guys were here but gosh all three of them look so much older. I MISS YOU GUYS!!