Sunday, June 1, 2008

Duck, Duck, ... CHICKEN!

So the last time we went to the doctor's for Ryleigh's well visit, they needed to give her a few immunizations and included was the chicken pox vaccine. It was by itself and would be just one more stick for Ryleigh to endure, so I decline the vaccine. I informed them that I had had the chicken pox twice and even with the vaccine, Colbey had had the chicken pox, so ... thanks, but no thanks. She is past the too young age of concern and not nearly at the too old age of concern. If she was going to get them, then let them come.

Guess what, they came!!! : )

That's right, Thursday she had a temperature and the normal sleepiness with the fever. I assumed it was the same thing that was bothering Landon. The flu from sun poisoning. Of course, Ryleigh didn't have sun poisoning because we don't go outside that much but I figured she could have picked up the fever/flu from Landon's sun poisoning. Well, Friday afternoon, I learned differently.

All the sudden, her little body was covered in chicken pox. Scott didn't believe me until he came home from work and saw them for himself. She's doing better than I would have expected in the no scratching arena, and we lucked out that there are only four pox on her face in case of scarring (three on the tip of her nose and one on her cheek). She's very proud of her chicken pox and Landon seems to be a little jealous that he's the only one not to have had them. I don't think he understands that we are the jealous ones of him. : )

So I'm the one staying home from church with her today. Scott's been on call and out of town so I felt he should go to church with the boys this week as I haven't missed in I don't know how long and I just went to the temple yesterday, so ... this is why the update is during regular church hours.

2 comments:

Liz said...

It's sad, but I'm glad she got them. It's a good age and she can't pass it around the school yet.

I want to see some pics of the new kitchen. Hurry up with the curtains!

See ya in COLORADO!!!

Scott & Annedria said...

Poor thing!! I still have never had the chicken pox, knock on wood quick, hu!! I hope she get's past them quickly.