Monday, January 8, 2024

Scripture Study - Build

 1/8/24 – Build

Every wise woman buildeth her house: … (Prov. 14:1) Through wisdom is an house builded: and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. (Prov. 24:3-4) And they that shall be of thee (disciples of Christ) shall build the old waste places: thou (Christ) shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in. (Isa. 58:12) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the Lord build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: … (Ezek. 36:36) Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. (Ps. 127:1) Verily, verily, I say unto you, that this is my doctrine, and whoso buildeth upon this buildeth upon my rock, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against them. (3 Nephi 11:39)

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. (Eph. 2:19-22) For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder. I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon. (1 Cor. 3:9-10) Build upon my rock, which is my gospel; (D&C 11:24) Therefore whosoever heareth these saying of mine (Christ), and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the flood came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. (Matt. 7:24-25) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (Col. 2:6-7)

Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail. (D&C 6:34)



Insights: As we travel through our days and weeks, months and years, what is our foundation? What is it that gives us anchor and holds us as we navigate the many complexities of life? For me, my foundation is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I’m still just a baby in my comprehension but the Lord doesn’t expect us to be perfect right away. This is why we have this whole life experience, to gain wisdom and understanding, and to act accordingly – “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: … a time to build up; …” (Eccl. 3:1, 3). I may never be perfect in this life, but that’s why our loving Heavenly Father sent His Beloved Son, to make up for the lacking that I have – the lacking we all have. All I am asked to be is the best that I can be and Jesus bridges the gap. Jesus is my foundation that I build my life, my actions, my thoughts, my desires upon. He is my guiding star pointing me in the direction of the path back to my Heavenly Home. If I stay true, I am promised that no matter what the world throws at me, in the end, all will be made perfect and fair. As Henry Wadsworth Longfellow said, “The wrong shall fail, the right prevail, …”

No comments: