Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Very Merry Unbirthday, To You!

Ryleigh is in love with birthday cakes and blowing out candles. To illustrate, she insisted that we make a carrot cake last week. Thinking that I could kill two birds with one stone, I agreed thinking I would pour half the batter into one cake pan and the rest in another (that way the family would have a cake and I could take the second to the RS activity that night). Then, she insisted that we use PINK frosting. Who has pink frosting laying around?!?!? Sadly, I do. I'm such a girl! But I didn't have enough pink frosting to make a beautiful job of the cake so I ended up using both cakes with the pink frosting in between the two layers and green frosting over the whole thing. Ryleigh was so excited about the pastel confection!!! Before we could have a taste test, she needed to blow out the candle (you can't tell, but the candle is pink). So this is the picture of a very merry unbirthday cake that Ryleigh shared with her brothers and parents. She's so generous!


3 comments:

Brooke said...

She is funny! Man, I should have called you on sunday. . . I forgot candles for Ainsley's b-day cake. She will get her on candles on Isaac's cake tonight. Yup their b-days are two days apart!

Chrystalee said...

That's crazy close!!! Call anytime for candles. We've got them in multiple colors! : ) I kept misplacing them and then one day while cleaning out the pantry, they all finally turned up and now there is a plethra!!!!

Scott & Annedria said...

She is such a girl!! Cute cake. I was craving cup cakes yesterday, Wish you were around!!