Sunday, November 23, 2008

I did it!

We had Super Saturday with the RS yesterday. During it, the bishop spoke with us. (I adore our bishop!!!) He didn't speak at us, but interacted with us. He asked us what kept us up at night. My first thought was "what didn't?" But as I thought about it, I realized that truly, what kept me up at night was the fear of going to sleep because the morning would come so quickly and I would have to start all over again. You know, being everything to everyone. I spent the majority of the time listening to him and weeping. (I know, unbelievable that I listened and didn't talk!) : )

So, as a result of yesterday, I have decided to put my foot down and declutter my life by eliminating the unnecessary and taking care of what truly matters.

I resigned from the Advisory Committee just 10 minutes ago and I feel great! Thank you for all the kind words that you gave in response to my blog about wanting to resign. I love you all, and you were all right and I was blind to let other thoughts cloud my mind with doubt.

I'm free.

3 comments:

Liz said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be so much happier because of it and your family will be blessed to have you around more.

shahna said...

Good for you. I recently decluttered my life too. I wasn't giving ENOUGH time to the things that really matter to me and wasting time doing things that might be important to others but not to me. Thanks for your Example Chrystalee. I am so glad we are still in the same ward!!!!

Scott & Annedria said...

I'm so glad you resigned. I bet your life is going to feel so much better know. CONGRATS!!