Sunday, November 23, 2008

For All My Twilight Sisters


Scott and I went to see The Movie Friday night. It is going to become a cult classic and this is why...


It was beyond terrible. It was hold-my-breath-so-as-to-not-laugh-out-loud-and-annoy-all-the-little-teeny-boppers-who-were-screaming-in-delight bad! The acting was comically bad, the directing reminded me of a high school production by a student director. But here's the catch, the books are so long and fabulous, I don't think there is ANY way the movie could have come close, so the next best thing might be to be over the top bad. At any rate, the best part is when Bella comes into the kitchen to tell Charlie that she has a date with Edward and he wants to officially meet him. Charlie looks at Bella as he's cleaning his rifle, snaps the gun into ready position and says to bring him in. The worst part is when the Cullen's in the baseball field all lean forward to protect Bella from the bad vampires.


Carlyle looks younger than Edward and plays baseball with a 6 foot long scarf around his neck.


Rosalie is either on the chubby side or is just filmed unflatteringly.


Jasper looks like Edward Scissorhands.


There's just so much bad, it's hard to narrow it down. I can say, although we paid more than our favorite dollar movie theater, they were still discounted tickets and it was a good thing!!!


Not a movie we need to own. But good for a belly laugh!!! : )

6 comments:

Liz said...

We haven't seen it yet, but your comments were very interesting. I couldn't stop myself from reading it even knowing it might ruin the movie for me.

That's exciting that your ward split.

BTW, on my tag you need to figure out the 1 truth. There are 2 lies.

Scott & Annedria said...

So I made Scott go to the movie yesterday and I liked it. Scott didn't want to admit that he liked it, all he had to say about it was that it was a chick flick love story. I went in knowing it wouldn't be as good as the book, but I found it enjoyable. There were some parts that had you not read the book and know what was coming it would be boring to you. Anyway, to each their own, right!!

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

Well, i loved your comments as they were the same as my good friend's. However, i gave in and went to the movie Fri. I have not read the book and i enjoyed the movie going in knowing i would not. i still enjoy your comments and i think they prepared me to not expect to much.

Nordy's said...

I have to say... I went Thanksgiving Day and expected the worst. Given that I think I was pleasantly surprised. I think it was fine and I will even own it. There are some parts, or should I say characters that I didn't really get the casting for (like Rosalie), however, I still enjoyed it. For whatever reason...

Jo said...

So, I take it you didn't like the movie? You are a riot! I haven't seen it yet because I'm afraid it can't come close to my imagination. Time will tell how long I can hold out.

Gary Church said...

I haven't read your blog in so long ... I was laughing at this post! I could not agree MORE! I hated that movie so much. I thought the director/producers totally shot it to you-know-where. There wasn't one thing about it that I liked ... well ... I take it back ... I liked Bella. :D That's all.