Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm Back!


So the sweet siren call of the bedroom went unanswered yesterday. What I found myself doing instead, (now you will see just HOW DESPERATE I am to stay far, far away from the whole room cleaning ordeal) was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets, cupboards and drawers. (Call me a desperate housewife!)


This entailed pulling EVERYTHING out and scrubbing the interiors. Then going through everything and eliminating the items I haven't used in I don't know how many years (one set of ice-cream glasses we got as a wedding gift and have only used once in our entire marriage). Then separating the items I will use on a daily basis (ok, weekly basis) and removing the occasionally items to a local (probably the garage) to be determined at a later date. Then, rearranging the location of all the items into a more cohesive and color-coordinated order. Frankly, I'm quite pleased with the results! Of course, Scott is completely lost in the kitchen now and I still need to get a receptacle to hold the knives so no one stabs themselves as they reach for one.


So you'd think the bedroom's beckoning call would grab me now, but - HAH! - now I've decided to move on to the pantry. Let's just see how long I can prolong the agony!!!! : )

6 comments:

Liz said...

You know if it wasn't for the laundry I wouldn't mind cleaning my room. Is it the same for you?

Chrystalee said...

No...the laundry is in the bathroom. That's what prompts me to stay away from cleaning the bathroom. It's all the other "crap", sadly of mine, that is so daunting in the bedroom. : )

The A Team said...

good word at the top. you do strike me as fearless.

i've been avoiding my bedroom too. all my christmas stuff is stacked in there and i need to sort it out and put it away...i'm doing laundry instead. (love putting christmas up/dread putting it all away)

THE HAYNES FAMILY said...

It isn't the cleaning part around here, it is the "where do I put this" part...the kids can't seem to put their things away part, and the two dogs, three cats and rabbit part that drive me completely...completely mad!!!
I can clean and one muddy day makes it look like it hasn't been touched in 20 years! Let alone the very old worn down look of it all.
But, it is warm, mostly dry and within our budget (hahahaha, budget, that is a very funny word!)
Don't clean, hide!

Chrystalee said...

I've been living by that motto for toooooo long!!!! My New Year's resolution is to finally get this placed organized and seriously, declutter!!!! : ) You gave me a good laugh, though! Love you, Chantel - and the pic of Melissa.

Amber Hooten said...

No luck on the house. The deal fell through. They decided they were moving too fast and rented an apartment. Keep us in your prayers. We really need this house to sell or rent soon.