Monday, October 27, 2008

Yes, We live ...

I know it's been a long (ok, LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG) time since I last updated, but honestly, I've been crazy busy!!!

So let me tell you what's going on. I am now the committee chair over Homeowner Functions. That means, I get to plan parties for the rest of this year and all of next year. Our dates of working on the HOA board changed within the past month to run from January to December instead of September to September (which I think makes a ton more sense). So I'll have completed 3.5 years on the HOA when I'm through, and I truly plan on being through after 2009. But just to boast a little, check out our website ... carterranchactivities.blogspot.com. (I'll put a link to it on the side board with the other links.)

Right now, we've got the Fall Festival this Thursday. It's followed up with a Chili Cook-off in November and Flag Football Thanksgiving morning with a couple of Dallas Cowboys. Thank you to Sharon for having the contacts to provide our football pros! Then in December we are having a cookie exchange and Christmas party. As you can see, my plate is more than full.

I'm also volunteering at the elementary school in the Arts in Education program. I can't say I'm very impressed with it, but maybe it will get better as the year progresses. My first project with them is this Wednesday.

Colbey is still shaggy and it's driving me crazy, but apparently, that's the style right now. It doesn't get too bad because he needs to look presentable to pass the sacrament on Sunday's but why can't he yearn to be trendy with a close cut?!?!?

Landon is flourishing in kindergarten this year. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the class in comprehension. Reading is coming so much easier for him and I think he's happier that he's accomplishing so much in school. It was the best thing we could have ever done to hold him back a year! I know his teacher was terrified to tell me she felt he should be, and was more than amazed when I said, "I kind of was expecting that. I'm all for it. Let him repeat kindergarten so that he isn't struggling for the rest of his school career."

Ryleigh is the pink of perfection. Ok, maybe not perfection, but pretty darn close! I think it's a combination of her being the only girl and our last, but I enjoy her like I never did the boys. Don't get me wrong, I certainly enjoyed the boys, but she is VERY different! Even when she's being a pill, you just want to hold and love on her. Oh to have that power over people! Wouldn't we all be happier if everyone just loved you no matter what? : )

Scott is still working with ACS, which we are so grateful for in this current economy. So many of our friends are struggling with work and so we count our blessings for Scott's job. He's not real thrilled with the work itself (something to do with computers - see how knowledgeable I am about his occupation!) but it supports our family and even occasionally sends us to the dollar theater for a date! Of course, I think he should be paid for being so super sexy, but sadly, we haven't found the employer out there looking for Scott's talents in that field. : )

We are all happy and healthy right now. It's the best time of year in my opinion. Cooler weather, warm scents, food, memories and the promise of more to come. I love the fall!!!

Quickly, on a more expanded family note ... my sister and her husband closed on their first house together and on the same day found out they are expecting their first baby. My brother and his wife had their second little one. Scott's brother was married. And if I missed anything else gi-normous in the family, I'm sorry.... My brains still smoking from all the other things I'm in the middle of so remind me and I'll try to remember better in the future! : )

PS - Don't forget to vote! PLEASE PRAY ABOUT WHO TO VOTE FOR!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm glad to see your back to blogging. :)

Elder and Sister Guthrie said...

wow! I can't believe I actually figured out how to post a comment. I usually don't even try because I am not successful. Now I have another problem....what to say. Oh well, you can't win them all!
Mom

scrumdiddillyumptious said...

Geezs, i was worried! I am glad to hear you are all alive and welL!